Nautical themes are becoming a fabulous summer trend for baby shower parties as it matches the summer mood. If there is a chance to throw a baby shower for your best friend or a dear sister, why not opt for a nautical theme? Brilliant ideas on nautical embellishments are plentiful to complete your marine theme.
Having this interesting nautical baby shower theme promises a lot of fun at the party. It is not difficult to work on the decor, foods, nappy cakes and party favors with focus on this theme.
Bright ideas for nautical style decoration for a Baby shower
• Nautical-inspired centrepiece. The centerpiece always emerges to be the most essential representation that matches the theme. A large seashell can serve as a vase. Insert floral foam inside it. Arrange a bunch or two of fresh seasonal flowers and ferns inside the shell. Once created, the centrepiece helps bring the ambience of the shore indoors. Another centrepiece idea can be votive candles placed inside spray-painted large shells. Group the shell candles and sprinkle confetti around them. Otherwise, decorate with tea light holders with sailboat shape to serve as a centrepiece. Look for this type of holder from any novelty stores. A nappy cake can also take centre stage with small nautical figures to anchor it to the theme.
• Nautical wall decorations. If the baby shower is outdoors, hang paper lanterns with cut-outs of sea horses pasted on them giving a whimsical impression to the baby shower. Hang ropes and nets on the walls if having the party indoors. Create decorative banners from chart paper using nautical colours of red, blue and black. You can also make nautical inspired garlands by stringing together seashells; then hang these over the window for added ocean-inspired decoration.
• Nautical table decorations. Drape a navy blue or red coloured tablecloth on the dining or buffet table. Otherwise, use table runners with nautical designs such as boat steering wheels, an anchor, lighthouse, paddle and sailboats. Be sure that the table napkins match the tablecloth. Use white cord or rope as napkin rings. Shape place cards like sailboats. Completing the set up renders the baby shower table unique and truly memorable.
• Nautical Dish. Food is not to be left out. Naturally, seafood is the main course in the menu arranged on boat-shaped platters and eaten on plates with nautical prints. Appetizers and desserts can be shaped like shells. Serve drinks in large mugs, with toasts and cheers for mum and the coming baby.
• Nautical Party Favors. Thank you favors for guests who join the baby shower can be a symbol of all things nautical.
Hosting a baby shower party with a nautical theme can be refreshingly fun for everyone as the ocean or beach comes alive in the room. A sure ahoy indeed.
To purchase your unique centre piece of a nautical lighthouse nappy cake click here – lighthouse nappy cake