Classic Baby Shower Theme in Blue and Pink
A baby shower usually adopts the colour blue when a boy is expected and pink when a girl is on its way. However, there are couples who are expecting boy and girl twins, and there are some who prefer to be surprised when the big day comes. You can also use some of these ideas as a gender reveal to surprise your guests at the party. In either case, a host can adopt a blue and pink theme, and this can actually be more fun than picking a gender neutral colour such as yellow or green.
• Invitations. Using pink and blue invitations provides the perfect opening for a host to inform guests that the baby’s gender is not yet known or that boy and girl twins are on the way. Few ready-made invitations feature the two colours together but today’s clip art downloads offer quite a few enchanting possibilities – especially since several images are in black and white. Print them as is and just color them to fit the pink and blue theme.
• Room decorations. In keeping with the theme of the blue and pink baby shower, you can set balloons afloat in strategic areas, hang pompoms above the buffet table, or put up lanterns and paper fans in pink and blue. You are going to have such fun putting up a clothesline with pink and blue bonnets and booties fastened with clothespins of the same colors.
• Food table decorations. One way of creating a buffet table with the blue and pink baby shower theme would be to use a white plain table cloth and put two table runners on it –one blue and one pink. To this you can add a centerpiece of blue and pink hydrangeas in a pram shaped basket. By using all white serving platters, you can actually make the table runners and the flowers stand out more.
• Table decorations. If you are seating your guests for dinner, you can carry on with the colour scheme of the shower by placing blue and pink hydrangeas in vases on tables. You can play around with the two colours and use blue table napkins with pink flowers and vice versa. Or, you can use blue napkin holders on pink napkins, and pink candle holders for blue table napkins.
• Place card ideas. Place cards can contribute a lot to a table’s appearance if you choose and arrange them wisely. There are blue and pink place cards shaped like diapers, baby bottles, and bibs, and there are place card holders shaped like birds, teddy bears, and baby carriages – also in both colours. Neatly positioned on the table, these place cards not only direct guests to their places, they also show that the table was prepared with care.
• Thank you favours for the guests. If you are pressed for time, the simplest thank you favours for guests would be to sustain the blue and pink theme with cloth pouches of filled with packs of foil covered candy or chocolate kisses. Express your thanks by putting a note in each pouch saying, “It was sweet of you to come.”
Some great visual ideas on Pinterest for a pink & blue gender reveal baby shower.
More party ideas on our Pinterest boards.
Follow Stacey Jane’s Nappy Cakes’s board Baby Shower Theme – Gender Reveal Pink or Blue/Boy or Girl on Pinterest.